Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Random Thought

When I was in vacation in Maine last month I went to the 40th Annual Yarmouth Clam festival. It was tons of fun, but the one thing I didn't understand was that there was no Al Cohol (Thanks, Brad Paisley) for sale inside the fest. Now I know that it was a family type of event, but you couldn't even buy a plastic cup full of Bud Light. (Not that I would pay money to drink Bud Light.)

The thing that irked me about this deal was that in Maine, you can go in any grocery store and buy liquor. I am not taking wine and beer, I am talking the good stuff - Captain, Smirnoff, Jack Daniels - because most big stores have liquor licenses up there. It just seemed odd that there was no Al Cohol at the fest but you could walk into Shop n Save 2 blocks away and buy a bottle of Jameson if you wanted to. We ended up doing the old hide it in your coffee mug thing, so it all worked out for us in the grand scheme of things.

Don't even get me started about New Hampshire, they have rest stops with liquor stores in them! "Come to New Hampshire and get liquored up while you drive" - good idea people!

No comments: