Sunday, February 12, 2006

Almost, So Close, Not Quite....

We were so close, we nearly got through the winter unscathed, until yesterday. The forecast all day Saturday was for 6 to 12 inches of the white stuff. Yucko, that can't be good. No fear, seeing is believing. I have lived in DC long enough to know that just because they predict a foot of snow doesn't mean we will get a foot of snow.

It was looking pretty good last night. When I went to bed around midnight, we only had about an inch of snow. I was stoked. They got it wrong again I thought to myself. I came very close to writing up a blog last night and calling all the weather prognosticators fools. "Crazy dreamers who have nothing else to do but to waste out time." For once I showed some restraint. Good thing!

I woke up this morning and opened up the curtains and this blinding whiteness greeted me. Holy cow, there is friggin' snow everywhere. It must have snowed like crazy after I turned in because we have 10 inches of the white stuff on the ground now. (Yes, I am a dork, I went outside with a ruler and measured.) So, for once they got it right.

The good news is that it is supposed to warm up later this week. 54 degrees on Wednesday, 57 degrees on Thursday and a whopping 60 degrees on Friday. So all this white stuff shouldn't be around for too long. But remember, seeing is believing.

No comments: