Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lisa, Lisa (The One I Adore)

Recognize those lyrics? That is from the rhyme master Pauly Shore but the Lisa I am talking about is Lisa Loeb. She is a stone cold, hottie in my humble opinion. Who else ever made you want to date a librarian?

Poor Lisa is looking for love and the E channel must have thrown some duckets at her because they are taping her search. The result is the show "#1 Single" on E. I happened to catch the premiere episode tonight as I was flipping channels. ( I would watch a show about Lisa buying fruit at the store, so I was hooked right away.)

According to the E-online website this is what she is looking for:

"Seek intelligent city guy (NYC or L.A.) between 30-45. Must be smart, funny, sensitive (not wimpy), adventurous and family oriented. Preferably Jewish. No diets, no fake hair. Healthy and active a plus. Must love cats."

So let's see where I stand:

* Intelligent - yes!
* City guy - well, sorta. I live in the burbs, which some people (Charmaine) think are lame, but I can get by in the city.
* NYC or L.A. - ouch, nope. I think NYC is evil, well mostly just the Yankees, and I have never been to Cali.
* Between 30 and 45 - yes! and I am on the low end of the scale, bonus!
* Smart - well yeah!
* Funny - damn straight, I am a friggin' riot!
* Sensitive (not wimpy) - totally me!
* Adventurous - fo' shizzle!
* Family Orientated - ummm, well, potentially!?!
* Preferably Jewish - nope, I dated a Jewish gal though, does that help?
* No diets - OK, you're the boss Lisa.
* No fake hair - no snickers bars on my head, thank you very much.
* Healthy and active a plus - more bonus points for me!!!
* Must love cats - ouch, I have more of a "tolerate" POV on cats.

Dang it!!! It doesn't look like I am Lisa's soul mate. We'd go out for a while, and then she would figure out that I really don't love cats and then she'd break my heart. Maybe she was talking about the musical?

No comments: