Thursday, January 19, 2006

Born on the 4th of July

Have you ever learned a bit of trivia, a "fact" if you will, that is totally trivial in nature, but really just bums you out. This could be something like your ex is engaged or the guy who replaced you when you got fired from Starbucks is now the general manager of the place. In reality, your life is no worse or no better for knowing this information. It is completely irrelevant, but you feel like crap anyway.

This type of thing happened to me recently. I suppose, the saddest thing about this whole deal is that this small bit of trivia escaped my attention for so long. Perhaps, I heard it once, but I then instantly blocked it from my memory. What has traumatized me so? I recently learned that I share the same birthday as our bumblin', stumblin' president - George W. Bush. Yup, ole W. and I were both born on July 6th.

Now W. has been president for 5 years, so I am amazed that I hadn't heard until recently that we share a birthday. The only other famous person I know who shares our birthday is Sylvester Stallone - the Italian Stallion! Now sharing a birthday with Rocky is pretty cool, but I really don't want to share a birthday, or anything really, with President Bush. So I have decided to celebrate my birthday on July 4th for at least the next couple years. My dad and my brother-in-law both have their birthdays on July 4th, so I figure I can just weasel in and maybe no one will notice.

No comments: