Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rites of Passage

There are certain events in your life that even as they occur you are aware of their significance. You immediately know you will carry their memory with you for all time. They are called rites of passage. Things such as:

* Riding Your Bike Without Training Wheels
* Obtaining Your Driver's License
* Your First Sexual Conquest
* Graduating High School
* Buying Your First Car
* Getting Married
* Having a Child
* Retirement

Rites of passage should evoke warm memories for years to come. I experienced my very own rite of passage today. I joined the ranks and ranks of Americans who rent a storage locker. Yes, this is a very important date indeed! It was the day I determined I had accumulated too much stuff to store it all in my home. I need an extra place to store some of my crap - wahoo! Am I living the dream or what?

Truth be told, I am getting ready for some major home improvements and I simply need to make some of my stuff disappear for a while. So really this is just a temporary phenomenon. I hope to be storage locker free within two months. Talk may be cheap but storage is not!

Mood: Stoked!

Listening To:

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man"

-Sowing The Seeds of Love

Tears For Fears

No comments: