Saturday, May 13, 2006

What Was I Thinking?

I do stupid things from time to time, especially when money is involved. The biggest one over the past year was buying a non-refundable ticket to visit my girlfriend in Hungary - yes, the country. I got a sweet deal on it - $786 American, with Austrian Airlines. (Orbitz, baby.) Of course, me n sweetie are no longer an item so I canceled the flight and I have a $786 credit with Austrian Airlines which expires at the end of July. A lot of good that will do me.

Austrian only flies to one European city from either of their two US Destinations (DC and NYC). If you guessed Vienna, Austria, you are correct-o-mundo! And flights over the summer, the peak travel season to Europe, start at around $2,200. So it looks like I am eating this one unless I wanna add another $1,400 to my losses.

Let's dig out the instant replay:

* I bought a non-refundable ticket
* I chose an airline that has no domestic destinations
* The only place I can fly directly to is Vienna, Austria
* It is gonna cost me another $1,400 to make that happen

What was I thinking? If I had only ponied up the extra $22 for the cancellation insurance, doh! You know what they say: "Hindsight is 20-20" and "Love is blind." I will just toss this one up to Joe Penis. I gotta stop letting him make all my travel plans!

Random Movie Quote:

"I'm gonna call you 'frog'. Cause you're cute like a frog and I wanna jump ya." - Smokey and the Bandit

Rant of The Day:

This one goes out to the ladies. For the love of God, do not shave your eyebrows off and then paint them in. No matter what your "best friend" tells you, it does not look good, it looks RE-TAR-DED!

There Is Nothing Cooler Than:

Hitting a game-winning home run - with a pink bat - with your Mom in the stands on Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments: