Sunday, March 26, 2006

Signs of Spring

Anyone who knows me is aware that I totally despise winter. Winter, in my opinion, sucks big moose pee-pee. So I am truly happy that there are signs of spring popping up all around me now that March is on the way out. The first real sign of spring that I always notice is the bright yellow blossoms of forsythia. I started seeing the first few blossoms about two weeks ago and it is in full bloom now for sure. Each year I am always amazed at how much forsythia there is. It is friggin' everywhere, but you only notice it when it is in bloom, those electric yellow blossoms are hard to miss.

I saw a guy mowing his lawn this week, which could be considered a sign of spring, but I just think it was a sign that he is retarded or obsessed with his lawn - or both. The next true sign of spring is coming up on Sunday morning at 2:00am, when we get to spring ahead. Sure we lose an hour of sleep on Sunday but we get an extra hour of daylight after dinner each day for the next 7 months. Sounds like a pretty good trade off to me. So now if I want to shoot some hoops or practice my serve after dinner I can. If I get truly ambitious and dust off the roller blades I can take a roll down suicide hill as late as 9:00pm - Score!

Rant of the Day:

I don't give two squirts of piss that Sabb was founder by aircraft engineers. That little bit of trivia could not be more irrelevant to my life.

Random Movie Quote:

"I'm the guy who killed all the flowers for the Levenstein-Band Geek wedding. Yeah, I'm that guy!" - American Wedding

There is Nothing Cooler Than:

Driving thru Chicago while listening to the Blues Brothers Soundtrack. Sing it with me now: "Baby don't you wanna go......."

No comments: