Sunday, October 9, 2005

Airplay

Just got back from another road trip, this time to New England for a business vacation - oxymoron or what! Picked a great week to be in the North Country, it was sunny and warm pretty much all week. Went to the beach, slept in my favorite hammock, picked a bushel of apples - that's a lot of friggin' apples - hung with the family, ate some lobster and Red Sox ice cream - no, not at the same time.

I have noticed that whenever I take a road trip there is always one song that I hear over and over and over and over while I am on the road. This trip it was that new song by Nickelback. I don't know the name of it, but you couldn't go five miles without hearing it on the radio. OK, I looked it up, it's called "Photograph" and it was definitely the song that dominated my travels over the past 8 or 9 days.

I remember in the spring of 2002 when I couldn't get away from Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up The Sun" on a trip to New York and December 2000 when Lifehouse's "Hanging By A Moment" dominated my trip North for the holidays.

As much as I am not a Nickelback fan I must admit that Photograph is now well entrenched in my brain and I will probably link it with this trip for years to come. There seem to be a lot of songs with this theme - reminiscing about the past - on the airwaves these days. It is super hip to remember how cool we all were in the 80s - wahooo!

Movie Line of the Day:

"Are you telling me you built a time machine.....out of a DeLorean?" - Back to the Future

No comments: