Sunday, September 25, 2005

Walking the Dog

I am definitely too lazy to ever own a dog, or perhaps dogs are just too high maintenance for me. Either way, I do not see a day when I will own a dog. It is funny to me because supposedly people are the master and the dog is the subordinate but I see it as the other way around.

I live smack dab in the middle of suburbia, it is townhouses and condos as far as the eye can see out my window. So when I see folks walking their dog I just have to chuckle. It takes a lot of commitment to own a dog in the city or in the burbs, I will give people some credit for that.

I was out for a jog last night and saw a prime example. A gal was out with her dog, suddenly the dog stops to smell a bush and she had to stop and stand there until he was satisfied with the whole situation. Then he takes off running and she had to run just to keep up. Then he stops again and the "master" has to stand there and wait while the "subordinate" waters the street light.

The best part is when Mr. Dog decides it is time to "drop off the kids." Not only do they have to stand there and wait, but then they have to pick it up. You tell me who is the boss in that relationship? If you stand around while I poop and then you pick it up afterwards, there is no doubt in my mind, you are my bitch.

No comments: