Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Numbers

Every August I head North to the Pine Tree State for my family's annual camping trip. Here are some relevant numbers from the 2007 edition:

3 - the number of moose I saw during my 4 day visit to the Maine woods.

8 - miles from our campground to the nearest paved road.

9 - the cost in dollars, per person, per night for our lodging in a three sided lean-to.

11 - total number of aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins-in-laws and first cousins once removed (that is your cousin's kids, in case you were curious) that made the trip.

25 - number of miles I hiked during the trip. (Not to shabby, eh?)

45 - the temperature INSIDE my lean-to at 6:00am Monday, August 6th.

86 - the high temperature on Saturday, August 4th, the day I hiked 12 miles.

Infinite - the number of stars you could see after dark while lying down in the grass in the campground's picnic area. (I totally get the whole Milky Way thing now.)

No comments: