Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21, 2007

Song Lyric of the Day:

"I was flying back from Lubbock, I saw Jesus on a plane. Or maybe it was Elvis, you know they kinda look the same."

Artist: Don Henley

Song: If Dirt Were Dollars

Album: The End of the Innocence

Why It's In My Brain:

I was in line at the post office today. Minding my business, just waiting to mail a package, when I heard it. That voice! It was unmistakable. It was the voice of The King - Elvis Presley. I instantly looked up to see where it was coming from. There he was, a big, hulking man at the counter in a red shirt. Nope, way too young to be the King. He could be The King's secret love child though. So, that is something.

Random Good Thing:
After seeing Elvis's secret love child at the post office I got every green light on the way home. That is four straight green lights in the middle of suburban commuter hell on a Tuesday afternoon - pretty solid!

No comments: