Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Totally Obnoxious

Terrell Owens is the epitome of what is wrong with professional sports, business, music and society in general in this day and age. It's all about me, me, me - look how great I am. Screw you, let's talk some more about me - I am truly gifted.

I am totally impressed that The Eagles gave him the old heave-ho! This is an unprecedented move in the world of professional sports. It is good to see a team take a stand against obnoxious behavior for a change.

So T.O. has been a self absorbed jerk for like 10 years (why do you think the 49ers let him go?) but suddenly, today he has turned over a new leaf. Magically, now that he is no longer being paid, he is ready to be a team player.

The sad thing is that there are dozens of other players just like him in the NFL, NBA and MLB. Which is worse - Albert Pujols standing at home plate watching his homer leave the park or Joe Horn hiding a cell phone in the pad of the goal post to celebrate a TD catch? That is like asking which team is better The Tampa Bay Devil Rays or The Colorado Rockies? They both suck!!!

No comments: