Thursday, June 25, 2009

Best Names In College Baseball 2009

I have spent the past few weeks following the 2009 NCAA Division One Baseball Championship. First the Conference Tournaments, then the Regionals, Super Regionals and finally the College World Series. Needless to say I have watched a ton of baseball over the last five weeks.

I now present my list of the Best Names In College Baseball - 2009. I did not scour the internet, reviewing team rosters or the 2009 MLB Draft to find the ultimate list. These are simply the best names I ran across as I watched games in 2009. My only rule is Only 1 Player from any team can make the list. Sorry, Russell Mauldenhauer, Brandon Belt beat you out.

1st Base: Brandon Belt, Texas

2nd Base: Cory Kovanda, Ohio State

3rd Base: Colby May, Georgia

Shortstop: Tyler Cannon, Virginia

Catcher: Myckie Lugbauer, Maine

Designated Hitter: Bryce Nugent, Marist

Left Field: Cole Calhoun, Arizona State

Center Field: Mikie Mahtook, Louisiana State

Right Field: Logan Power, Mississippi

Starting Pitcher: Stephen Strasburg, San Diego State

Relief Pitcher: Logan Munson, North Carolina

I plan to do this each year, and if so the only other rule I will add is you can only make the list once. Talk is cheap though.

Mood: Nostalgic

Song Of The Day:

"Are you real to me? Or are you non dairy...creamer?"

-Non Dairy Creamer

Third Eye Blind

No comments: